This post reflects the presentation Steve Buttry gave to the Community Media Lab this morning, including the slideshows. Take a look!
As a demonstration, we’ll feed tweets with the #dfmliveblog hashtag into a liveblog.
Here are some storytelling examples I might use:
- York Daily Record’s Finding Their Way Out
- Heritage Media’s tornado coverage
- TBD’s #wheretheyserved
- Las Vegas Sun’s Do No Harm
- ESPN’s A Man Obsessed
- The Center for Public Integrity’s Dangers in the Dust
- Des Moines Register’s Parkersburg tornado map
- NOLA.com’s Last Chance multimedia project
- Startribune.com’s 13 Seconds in August multimedia project
- New York Times’ Faces of the Dead and Washington Post’s Faces of the Fallen
- A data visualization project featured on Visual.ly.
- ARTE’s Prison Valley
- PBS’ America at a Crossroads
- New York Times’ Climbing Kilimanjaro
- Detroit Free Press’ Respect
View original post 32 more words